Web 210 - Advanced Web Design
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use XHMTL to create professional websites with effective, usable navigation
- Understand the web development cycle
- Describe and perform web site development workflow and roles
- Explain and apply the principles of usable web design
- Identify and solve web site or application navigational issues
- Develop advanced style sheets
- Develop DHTML menus
- Create accessible websites for audiences with various abilities
- Explain the importance of usability testing for design effectiveness
- Work on a web team with people of varying backgrounds and cultures
- Develop professional verbal and written communication skills
WEB120 and WEB150 with 2.0 or better (or equivalent with instructor permission).
Skills: Students must know how to navigate on the WWW using URLs; use Windows Explorer to manage files; use FTP software, use a text editor to create XHTML pages that conform to 1.0 validation.
Designing with Web Standards , Jeffery Zeldman
The Design of Sites, Douglas Van Duyne, et al.
- Cascading Style Sheets, Owen Briggs, et al.
Class Discussion List Information
There is a class discussion list on Yahoo.com that everyone will be subscribed to. The purpose of this list is to connect students virtually. If you have questions about the homework, this is the place to post it. I will sign up all students to the discussion list at the beginning of the quarter.
Group name: web210atSCCC
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/web210atSCCC/
Group email: web210atSCCC@yahoogroups.com